Get deep insight into query execution and database performance.
Get a 360° View of Your Queries
Using Pepperdata Query Spotlight, query workloads can be tuned, debugged, and optimized for better performance and reduced costs, both in the cloud and on premises. Operators and developers now have a way to understand the detailed performance characteristics of query workloads combined with infrastructure-wide issues that impact these workloads. Operators can quickly identify resource-intensive queries and optimize query performance at scale. Developers can rapidly ascertain query plan problems, identify bottlenecks, and speed time to resolution.
Understand and manage utilization and performance with a single dashboard that includes time-correlated query views, database and infrastructure metrics, query run summaries, tables accessed, and query plans mapped to execution stages.
Get quick root cause analysis with detailed visibility into query workloads, including delayed and most expensive queries as well as wasted CPU and memory queries, enabling root cause analysis.
Monitor technologies and frameworks including Hive, IBM BigSQL, Redshift, and Snowflake.
Create and Receive Alerts on
Query Health and Performance
In addition to visualizing detailed query information on resource utilization and database views, Query Spotlight enables you to create and receive alerts about queries so the operations teams can remediate issues and optimize query performance.
Highlight hot partitions, outdated table statistics, and other system and storage issues.
Receive notifications about execution plan skew, poorly optimized queries, and historical runtime variance.
Use query data to alert and identify which applications will miss SLAs.
Get Hive-Specific SQL
Query Spotlight enables developers to see Hive-specific SQL query planning and execution information, rapidly ascertain query plan problems, identify bottlenecks that contribute to slow queries, and speed time to resolution. Operators can quickly narrow down problematic queries in a multi-user environment and use the intelligence provided by Query Spotlight to optimize cluster resources and improve productivity.
- Capture real-time metrics, including CPU usage, database access patterns, runtime, and query history to provide instant reference points and feedback for optimizing performance.
- Optimize the monitoring and management of on-prem and cloud resources with detailed query cost information.
- Display lists of top queries: most rows read, most rows written, and most compute-intensive.
- Summarize query runs, including the number of stages, mappers, and reducers.
- Enable a system-wide view of the database across multiple execution engines to better understand analytics workloads.
- Improve collaboration between developers and operators who can now share a unified and detailed runtime view of the query environment.
- Leverage other Pepperdata analytics stack performance products to provide correlated application and infrastructure metrics.