Pepperdata Continues Upward Momentum With Record Sales and Growth, Fueled By Strong Product Innovation in 2017
CUPERTINO, Calif. — Jan. 24, 2018 — Pepperdata, the DevOps for Big Data company that provides operator and developer solutions to optimize cluster performance in Big Data environments, today announced a record year, fueled by substantial customer growth, new strategic partnerships, and technology innovation.
Pepperdata is trusted on over 20,000 production nodes running 100 million jobs per year, with more than 400 trillion performance data points collected. In 2017, average selling price grew 470 percent, and revenue (annual contract value) grew 160 percent. Pepperdata also signed substantial contracts with several new Fortune 100 customers.
Pepperdata corporate, product, and partnership milestones in 2017 include:
- Expanded product portfolio and introduced innovative new products for developers: Application Profiler and Code Analyzer for Apache Spark. In 2017, the Pepperdata product focus shifted to Spark, improving collaboration between operations and development teams, and bringing critical performance feedback to every phase of the DevOps cycle for Big Data.
- Led the open source HDFS-on-Kubernetes project that enables Spark on Kubernetes.
- Acquired new customers including Expedia, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Cloudwick.
- Launched a strategic partner program to serve systems integration service providers in Big Data and DevOps market.
- Established an all-star technology advisory board with leading industry experts and influencers to help guide future innovation and growth.
Pepperdata has a proven track record of ensuring high performance in production Big Data applications. Pepperdata software provides enterprise solutions for monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting, and automated cluster optimization. Pepperdata products also enable developers to identify and fix application performance problems, excessive usage of resources, and application errors. These products improve collaboration between operations and development teams, and are used to monitor and manage mixed workloads from frameworks such as Spark, MapReduce, and Tez on all Hadoop distributions.
- Pepperdata website: https://pepperdata.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/pepperdata
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/pepperdata
- Blog: https://www.pepperdata.com/blog/
Pepperdata is the Big Data performance company. Leading companies such as Comcast, Philips Wellcentive, and NBC Universal depend on Pepperdata to manage and improve the performance of Hadoop and Spark. Enterprise customers use Pepperdata products and services to troubleshoot performance problems in production, increase cluster utilization, and enforce policies to support multi-tenancy. Pepperdata products and services work with customer Big Data systems both on-premise and in the cloud.
Founded in 2012, Pepperdata has raised $20M from investors including Citi Ventures, Signia Venture Partners and Wing Venture Capital, and attracted senior engineering talent from Yahoo, Google, Microsoft and Netflix. Pepperdata is headquartered in Cupertino, California. For more information, visit pepperdata.com.
Pepperdata and the Pepperdata logo are registered trademarks of Pepperdata, Inc. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Offleash for Pepperdata