451 Research Report: Top Ten IT Trends for 2019 (PDF)
What are the Major Themes That Will Drive the IT Industry Overall Through 2019?
“As the digital universe continues to evolve at breakneck speed, the old silos that once characterized much of the ‘IT sector’ are breaking apart – as technologies evolve, they are also coalescing, overlapping
and consolidating, especially as technology adoption continues outside of the classic IT department.
Perhaps more significantly, the most disruptive breakthroughs can take place when multiple innovations feed off each other – consider how the combination of public cloud and machine learning is driving the AI landscape, for example. Innovation doesn’t happen in a vacuum, and the expanded pallet of the new digital landscape vastly increases the potential for disruption. Accordingly, we’ve tapped into the ‘hive mind’ of the 451 analyst team, and – in no particular order – we provide our top 10 trends for the IT industry overall in the coming year. “
– 451 RESEARCH, LLC
- ‘CLOUD NATIVE’ TAKES CENTER STAGE
- SUCCESSFUL ORGANIZATIONS WILL BE ‘DATA DRIVEN’ ****
- FOCUS IN DIGITAL PROCUREMENT SHIFTS TO OPTIMIZATION
- A NEW ‘AGE OF AUTOMATION’
- ‘EDGE’ COMPUTING BECOMES MORE TANGIBLE
- THE CONTEXT ECONOMY BEGINS TO FLOURISH
- ‘WORKOPS’ EMERGES TO ENABLE INTELLIGENT KNOWLEDGE-BASED WORK
- SECURITY SHIFTS TO A ‘ZERO TRUST’ MODEL
- A NEW SILICON GOLD RUSH (silicon designs optimized for the training of deep-learning neural network models, and for artificial intelligence inference tasks in the data center and at the edge)
- M&A DYNAMICS SHIFT TO OUTSIZED EXITS